Using Reflection to Solve Problems

UAL London College of Fashion

Image credit: http://petersis.com/books/the-conference-of-the-birds/

Please read the FAQs in the video here,  or the text below.

Using Reflection to Solve Problems and Enhance Learning

You are invited to take part in a learning psychology research project about learning and self-reflection that will use a variety of methods to obtain data. If you give consent, you will be asked to take 2 short questionnaires about strategies you are currently using to feel good about yourself and resolve dilemmas effectively and report this on a record sheet. The questionnaires may be needed more than once, before and after the activity. You will be assigned a random group number to facilitate organisation and gathering of data for the researcher

What  will I be asked to do? 

You will be required to give  one  hour  of time to attend a workshop that includes a basic activity and reflection report. You will need to be able to commit to completing the questionnaires and activities, and filling out the record sheet,  so if you think this may be difficult for you,  please do not participate.

When does it start?

We plan to start mid-June 2017 and run until July but if you are PG students it could also run over the summer until the end of term 1 2017 and into 2018.

Do I have to give my consent? 

You are invited to give consent by signing the consent form (attached) to agree to take part. However, it is entirely a personal choice and there is no consequence if you do not  give consent.  Giving consent is in line with LCF/UAL regulations and is standard practice to ensure confidentiality of your information, and to safeguard against any misunderstanding about what the information will be used for and how your personal information will be stored.

Is there any obligation? 

No, however, once you give your consent, we expect you to complete the questionnaires and participate in the activity. You may withdraw at any time without detriment. All that would be required is an email to let us know that you wish to withdraw.

Does it matter which course I am on?

Not at all. We will be collecting data from a range of courses as this will offer a wider range of responses..  You must be a current LCF student on any course and 18 years old or older.

Why should I do this?

This research seeks to gather data on student’s awareness of their ability to solve dilemmas and reflect on this and your assistance is essential for this to take place.

How many times do I need to show up?

Just once. However, we are testing 2 types of materials associated with enhanced learning. If we find one is superior to the other, you will have the opportunity to try the other materials that you didn’t use in the first one.

How will I know the outcome? 

If you wish to know the results of the study then please check back to this blog for news, or let me know.

THANK YOU!!!

Want to know more details?

Please contact…

Kieron  

k.j.devlin@arts.ac.uk    x 6158

( 020 7514 6158)

Academic Support, LCF

This is an invitation to students to join a research project that investigates problem solving tools through reflection.

Thank you in advance for taking part.

reflection

Reflection

Save

Save

This entry was posted in Archetypes, Learning, Metacognition, Reflection, Research, Writing and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

5 Responses to Using Reflection to Solve Problems

1. Viision nl says:

I believe that is among the so much significant info for
    me. And i’m glad reading your article. However should observation on some basic issues, The
    web site style is wonderful, the articles is really excellent
    : D. Excellent task, cheers

2. Having read this I thought it was rather enlightening.
    I appreciate you spending some time and effort to put this information together.
    I once again find myself personally spending a lot
    of time both reading and posting comments. But so what, it was still worthwhile!

3. Kieron says:

Thank you for your comments

4. xe88 agent says:

Hi there colleagues, how is all, and what you would like to say concerning this paragraph, in my view its really remarkable in support of me.

5. Sharyn says:

Tһiѕ post iѕ аctually ɑ good one іt helps neѡ the web
    visitors, who аre wishing foг blogging.